The turnips I planted in my homemade self watering containers are going crazy!
So I picked off a handful or two of the larger leaves and left the rest so the turnip roots underneath will have food to keep growing. Most stores here in California cut the greens off of the turnips before selling them (unlike beets that have the roots and the greens) probably because turnip greens are one of the most bitter greens so most people wouldn’t bother to cook them. Such a shame.
All greens are loaded with vitamins and nutrients, but in order to cut the bitterness most recipes for turnip greens involve cooking them for a long time and adding salt and pork fat (bacon or salt pork).
Well, not in this recipe and not only was it delicious, I couldn’t taste the bitterness.
And now on to the Tasty Tuesdays Link Up party.
This month Sydney from Tastefully Frugal and Audrey from That Recipe are the co-hosts of this party!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked uphere before or they will be deleted.Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.