Necessity is the mother of invention and that plus laziness is the mother of this recipe. I wanted something simple for dinner with what we had in the kitchen so I started rummaging through the kitchen to see what I could put together.
I found a pork loin, an apple and some potatoes. BINGO! An onion, fresh sage from the garden and the usual EVOOS&PTT (extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste) and dinner was in the making: Sage Pork and Potato Bake.
I peeled the potatoes, apples and onion:
Then chopped everything up:
Put it in a casserole dish and tossed it with the olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper. Which I forgot to photograph, oops!
Then I baked it. The sage made the whole house smell like a campfire. YUM!
Mix and match with what you have on hand. I could have gone with fresh rosemary, but there are four sage plants between the back door and the rosemary bush. If I had more potatoes I would have added more and maybe some turnips too.
The recipe below should really meant as just an inspiration.
And now let’s see what my amazing fellow bloggers have created with our Tasty Tuesdays Link Up.
Ashley from Forgetful Momma is joining Audrey from That Recipe to be our co-hosts for March! Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
And finally, if you like what you see and would like to be added to our mailing list you can sign up here. No one hates a spam-y junked up inbox more than I do so have no fears that I will share your e-mail address or inundate it myself with more than 1 or 2 e-mails a month just to let you know what I’ve been posting.
Until next time, happy eating.