The Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party is growing by leaps and bounds lately and I have to say THANK YOU! Both to my co-hosts and most importantly the bloggers that come and link up and share the love every week. Before we get to the party this week I need to share this recipe.
Since I had the sourdough pot bubbling last week for some Overnight Sourdough Bread and the Sourdough Soft Pretzel Bites, I thought I would make a batch of these Sourdough Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls.
I first made this recipe last December for the Crazy Ingredient Challenge: Cranberry and Gingerbread Spice. But I ended up linking the Cranberry Brie Bites instead. I have been holding on to this recipe to publish when cranberries are back in season or only the people that wisely buy extra bags of cranberries every year and freeze them would be able to make them.
The recipe is modified from Alaska Sourdough by Ruth Allman.
This is a great book for sourdough lovers and people new to sourdough cooking. Except for this recipe…
In my 1976 edition, it is a challenge to follow because it adds ingredients in the directions that are not listed in the ingredient list so I had to guess at amounts. Perhaps it has been updated in later editions. I also made a few other tweaks to it (adding cinnamon and the icing in place of a brown sugar bread crumb topping).
The best way to get sourdough starter is to get some from someone else. If that is not an option you can make your own, but it will take weeks or even months for it to be ready to use. Sourdoughhome.com has a great method for making your own starter as well as instructions for maintaining it once it is nice and bubbly.
The biggest problem with these is the same as most cinnamon rolls, the long rise time makes it almost impossible to enjoy for breakfast unless someone wants to get up ultra early to make them. UNLESS… you parbake them. I split my latest batch in half, each half in a separate round pan. One pan I pulled out of the oven after 10 minutes, let it cool then put it in a freezer bag. When I am ready to serve them again, I will take them out the night before to defrost in the fridge and then bake for another 10-15 minutes in the morning.
Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party
Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen, Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Audrey from That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for November!
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.