Before we jump into this week’s Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party, I have another ridiculously quick and easy Gift in a Jar for you today: a zesty Bean Dip made with Pinto Bean Flour.
I stumbled on Bean Flour at a store recently with a recipe for Bean Dip on the back. Which of course, lead me to wonder if I could make the Bean Flour at home. I figured I had nothing to lose so I tried to grind up some pinto beans in the food processor since I don’t have a flour mill. Ugh! it was horridly loud and didn’t get powdery enough. I still had small pebbles of unground beans.
Then I thought of my coffee grinder. If it can grind coffee beans, why not pinto beans? Sure enough it worked like a charm. I ran it through on espresso grind twice just to completely grind the beans.
To make the dip, all you need to do is mix in some spices then add boiling water. I like mine with a bit of cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or even a Mexican blend would be delicious). Add salsa or hot sauce if desired.
If you want to give it as a gift, just put the mix in a jar and attach these directions.
I have a few other ideas I want to check out with some white beans and maybe some black beans that I will share with you if they work out.
Creative K Kids’ Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party
Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, Audrey from That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for December!
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.