I love fresh homemade bread. The smell, the taste… But in the summertime I don’t always like the heat generated by the oven. And sometimes I don’t want to go to the hassle of kneading and watching the rising cycles. It’s times like these I bust out my trusty old bread machine. And last week we made Julia Child’s Bread Machine Buttermilk Bread.
The recipe comes from the book Baking with Julia: Savor the Joys of Baking with America’s Best Bakers (affiliate link) based on the PBS series. It is the same one that had the fabulous Popovers recipe I posted last week.
The only odd ingredient for some people may be the powdered buttermilk. I use this brand (affiliate link) which I find easily next to the powdered milk in my grocery store. It is actually easier for me to find than fresh buttermilk sometimes – heavens knows why. I use it in biscuits and pancakes as well.
The major drawback to my bread machine is the odd shaped loaf. But, the recipe includes instructions for prepping it in the bread machine and then baking in the oven as rolls or a regularly shaped loaf.
One more thing before I give you the recipe and we get into the Tasty Tuesdays Party. I partnered with some other amazing bloggers to offer a $100 Back to School Giveaway. Don’t worry, you can spend it on baking supplies instead of school supplies if you want to, ha ha!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.