Today I am going to show you just how easy it is to make Do Chua, the Vietnamese carrot and daikon radish pickles that no self-respecting Banh Mi sandwich would be without. Crunchy, vinegary with just a touch of sweetness, this relish is incredible on sandwiches, in a wrap or as a crunchy side dish.The hardest part about this recipe is finding the daikon radish. Here in California it is pretty standard fair in our produce departments, but you may need to ask your grocer or check a specialty Asian market. It looks like a white carrot on steroids. Kind of like a parsnip only whiter.
Other than that it is just a matter of chopping the vegetables into matchstick sized pieces and mixing up the rest of the ingredients. Technically you can eat them immediately, but they are so much better if you make them at least a few days ahead of time to allow the vegetables to soften some and the flavors to deepen. Think about the texture difference between a fresh cucumber and a dill pickle. You want your pickles crunchy but not raw crunchy.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating!