Have you ever had Peanut Brittle so hard you were worried for your teeth? Well, this recipe takes the fear out of this delicious treat. And it is tasty and easy to boot.
The recipe is courtesy of my Goddaddy, Barry Marshall. He says there are two secrets to making the perfect batch of brittle: baking soda and the candy thermometer.
Plenty of Baking Soda
Just look at the air pockets in this piece.
The problem with most peanut brittle recipes is they are too dense which makes them too hard to chew. With this recipe you get nice big air pockets between the sweet crunch. Less potential for emergency dental visits.
A Great Candy Thermometer
This is the one he recommends using (affiliate link, I will receive a small percentage of the purchase price at no cost to you if you buy through this link).
You can go with one of those cheap hard to read ones, but there is a darn good reason this one costs more. It is BETTER. If you fry or make candy or jams/jelly often this is a great kitchen tool to have around.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.