If you are looking for some warm and homey comfort food, this Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Lasagna is a delicious tomato-free alternative.
When I make my usual lasagna recipe, my son scrapes off the meat and sauce and basically just eats the noodles with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. He doesn’t like ground meat or tomato sauce. Luckily his Uncle Dan came to the rescue with this tomato-less chicken lasagna recipe. Knowing his big cousins like it was the selling feature.
It is based off of the Hidden Valley Ranch recipe, but I kicked it up a bit with some BACON!!!!! because, well… BACON! I actually want to further tweak this recipe because you need to purchase an entire pound of lasagna, but only use about 9-12 noodles. If you use more than that you do not have enough filling and cheese.
I am listing the recipe as I made, and may revise it at a later date.
Need some homey comfort food? Try this easy and cheesy Chicken and Bacon Lasagna.Click To Tweet
- 9-12 lasagna noodles from a 16 ounce package of lasagna
- 2 cans evaporated milk 12 ounce each
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- 1/3 cup cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
Boil lasagna noodles per package directions.
While noodles are cooking, combine milk, ranch dressing and black pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and cooked bacon, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Combine 3 cheeses
Layer as follows:
1/3 of the noodles, 1/2 of the sauce, 1/3 of the cheese
top with noodles and cheese
Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until cheese is bubbling. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
We still need one new host for January! Here are the requirements to hosting a Tasty Tuesday’s party:
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where you would receive the scripts and be assigned the numbers you would pin. Tammy’s email is email@example.com. Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.