I prefer to keep my marshmallows for s’mores and make these amazing Spicy Candied Sweet Potatoes instead.
This recipe is a family favorite, served at every Thanksgiving dinner. To make it for a holiday meal, you can prepare up until the final step the day before, then pop it in the oven when you take the turkey out to rest.Keep the marshmallows for S'Mores and make these Delightful Spiced Candied Sweet Potatoes instead.Click To Tweet
- 4 pounds red skinned sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cups golden brown sugar packed
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg we always add a little extra
- pinch ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut in pieces and boil until just fork tender. Drain water and put potatoes in a large casserole dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over potatoes. Stir gently.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes until everything is melted and warm and gooey.
To serve for Thanksgiving or Christmas, prepare up until step 3. Put potatoes in the oven while the turkey or ham is cooling.
This month Sydney from Tastefully Frugal and Audrey from That Recipe are the co-hosts of this party!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked uphere before or they will be deleted.Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, THANK YOU for stopping by, it means so much to me!