Happy National Coffee Day, America!!! Caff-eine Caff-eine Caff-eine YEAH!
Perhaps I might have had a little too much before writing this post. But it was only one cup…
I am a coffee drinker. Home brewed usually, or at a local coffee shop with friends (I’m too cheap for THE coffee place). Usually just one cup in the morning with a little half and half and some stevia. How about you?
I also like to cook with coffee. It’s dark rich earthiness adds a great flavor to many dishes. And if you add just a pinch it intensifies chocolate flavor yet is so subtle coffee-haters won’t notice it like in the Black Bean Coconut Brownies.
For those that like coffee flavor I also have these recipes for you:
[Tweet “Six Recipes to Make with Coffee – from drinks to cookies to gravy. #coffee #recipes”]
I have also put it in stew (delicious) and used it to make Red Eye Gravy. Those of you from the South are nodding, while everyone else may be lost. Red Eye Gravy is nothing more than ham or bacon fat and coffee. No thickener, just a thin meaty, salty sauce. I know, it sounds weird. But trust me it is amazing! And ridiculously simple.
You can serve it with ham steaks for dinner, or make it with bacon grease (oops, I mean “rendered bacon fat”) and serve it with some of my favorite Homemade Refrigerator Biscuits like I did.
[Tweet “Quick and flavorful Red Eye Gravy, a true Southern treat. #gravy #southernfood”]
Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Audrey at That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for September.
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy at Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Danielle at Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Audrey at That Recipe (Blog)**
**Ashley at Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.