October is almost over and it is actually getting chilly at night the last week or so here in Southern California. And that means it is finally SOUP WEATHER!!!! The other night I whipped up this easy and filling Ham and Potato Soup for dinner. The 7 year old devoured it! Time for the Happy Mommy Dance. Woot woot!
This is basically my Grandma Ruth’s “sick soup”. Whenever someone was sick, Grandma would bring them some of her Potato and Onion Soup and it cured what ailed them. Or so the story goes… If you use leeks instead of onions and add cream it becomes Vichyssoise and you can serve it hot or cold.
I had purchased some ham steaks on sale so I just chopped one up and threw it in at the end. It would also be a great meal for leftover ham. It was ready in 30 minutes, including the extra time for my sous chef to help me peel every… last… bit… of… peel from the potatoes.
He won’t learn if I don’t let him try, right? Ha ha!
[Tweet “Hearty Ham and Potato Soup to warm you up on a chilly night. #soup #potatoes”]
Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party
Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen, Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Audrey from That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for October.
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.