I wanted to make muffins for the family of a friend undergoing surgery. I thought they would be a great quick and easy breakfast for the kids (and husband) while she was laid up. Of course they had to be chocolate, so to add a bit more nutrition and moisture and color, I added … some pureed beets.
After I baked them I gave a few to my son and his friends just for a taste test. They were devoured in a few minutes with no notice I had added “something funny”! Actually, after the first bite, my Sir Snubs a Lot exclaimed “Hey look, there are chocolate chips in here, yeah!”
I hope her crew doesn’t notice or object to the beets either. But, even if they do she will eat them because she loves her veggies. (Get well soon, Mary!)
They are quick and easy if you already have the pureed beets, otherwise they take a bit longer. But they still are easy. And the muffin I split with my husband was delicious.
[Tweet “Ultra Moist Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins (with beets, shhh!) #hiddenvegetables #chocolate”]
We have a new co-host for the month of March!
Melissa from The Happy Idiot will be sharing this party on her blog every Tuesday in March and also helping pin any recipes that are linked up past #125!
We would ask you to please follow her on one of her social medias!
Thank you, Melissa, for joining us in March to co-host this party.
If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.