According to my trusty list of fun yet irrelevant holidays, July 14th is National Macaroni and Cheese Day. So for something a little different I made it to go with these Mac and Cheese Muffins.
There’s nothing really complicated about baked macaroni and cheese, and I made it a bit faster by baking them in muffin tins instead of a longer cooking casserole dish.
We made these for a picnic in the backyard, but they’d also be great for school lunches. Oops should I not remind you yet school is around the corner. At least for us. We go back in one month!
Mac and Cheese is a bit like pizza because it is so easily adaptable!
- Start with your favorite shape of pasta (elbows, shells, rotini, penne, etc.) I do not recommend long noodles for this, you want something that will hold the cheese.
- Use your favorite kind of cheese, mix and match if you want
- Add veggies, bacon, or anything else that sounds good to you.
- Top with bread crumbs, or crushed crackers or chips.
We went with rotini, just cheddar, bacon crumbles and topped them with Steakhouse Onion flavored Funyuns. They are not a sponsor, M just picked up a bag because his big brother said they were awesome. They are.
[Tweet “Bake up these Mac and Cheese Muffins for a picnic or school lunch. #macandcheese #schoollunch”]
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.