The 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio are right around the corner, so this week I compiled some fabulous recipes from across the globe to get you in the spirit.
I’d be here all day if I posted recipes from every country that will be participating in the Games, but I did my best to present some from every region. The recipes were contributed by some of my favorite bloggers from the Tasty Tuesdays Hosts, Crazy Ingredient Challenge, Fill the Cookie Jar and the International Bloggers’ Association.
It has to be first on the list, just like it does in the parade of nations.
Dolmades (Stuffed Grape Leaves) from That Recipe
Sofrito (Sauteed Beef) from Momzcuizine
Spanakorizo (Greek Rice) from Feeding Big
African Toffee from Marlys This and That (Togo)
Chicken Yassa -Yassa au Poulet from Marlys This and That (Senegal)
Injera (flat bread) from Syncopated Mama (Ethiopia)
Moroccan Challah (sourdough bread) from Passion Kneaded (Morrocco)
Authentic Mexican Rice from Big Rigs n Lil Cookies (Mexico)
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Mole from That Recipe (Mexico)
Jamaican Meat Loaf from Passion Kneaded (Jamaica)
Nanaimo Bars Cheesecake from Marlys This and That (Canada)
You can search any of the blogs mentioned, including ours, for cuisine from the US.
Unfortunately no one seemed to have anything from South America. I will be rectifying that very soon.
Aloo Tiki (potato cutlets) from Culinary Adventures with Cam (Pakistan)
Bulgogi (Korean Beef) from Ramblings of a (Bad) Domestic Goddess)
Borscht (beet soup) from That Recipe (Russia)
Chicken Adobo from B is 4 (Philippines)
Fried Fermented Cassava from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Indonesia)
Jajuk (cucumbers in yogurt) from That Recipe (Armenia)
Lumpia from Spatulas on Parade (Philippines)
Steamed Pork Dumplings from Wine Lady Cooks (China)
Dragon and Phoenix Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm (China)
Australia and New Zealand
ANZAC Biscuits (cookies) from The Pastry Chef’s Baking
Citrus Squash (lemon soda water) from That Recipe
Dampers (bread) from What’s on the List
Lamingtons (coconut cakes) from The Pastry Chef’s Baking
Andalusian Beet Gazpacho from That Recipe (Spain)
Beef Stew with Guinness from That Recipe (Ireland)
Basic Crepes from That Recipe (France)
Italian Sausage and Spaghetti from Savvy in the Kitchen (Italy)
Frikkadeller (Swedish Meatballs) from Feeding Big (Sweden)
Hungarian Kolache (nut filled sweet bread) from That Recipe (Hungary)
Spaetzle (German Egg Noodles) from Famished Fish, Finicky Shark (Germany)
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.