Gingerbread Men Cookies are as much a part of the holiday season as presents and mistletoe. Bake up some of these perfectly spiced cookies to share with friends and family this Yuletide.
It’s time to Fill the Cookie Jar with holiday cookies. Our group of FTCJ bloggers has been busy baking our favorite holiday themed cookies to share with you. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to see all of the deliciousness the others made. I brought these classic Gingerbread Men Cookies to our virtual cookie exchange.
I have had the recipe for awhile.
That’s a copy of the original that came home when I was in Kindergarten. I don’t remember making them that day, but I do remember making that much dough when I worked in Day Care.
Gingerbread Men are a nice traditional shape for these cookies. But with an 8 year old boy traditional can be boring. Enter the Ninjabread Men!
You can get the cutters here (affiliate link: I receive compensation for any purchase at no additional cost to you).
Bake up some holiday love with these classic Gingerbread Men Cookies.Click To Tweet
Gingerbread Men Cookies: Easy recipe for traditional gingerbread men cookies.
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cups molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix ingredients. Chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough to 1/8 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters. Place at least an inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool and decorate as desired.
Until next time, happy eating.