This hearty Pebble Top Oatmeal Bread is full of whole grain goodness, perfect for morning toast or a healthy sandwich.
This bread has always been called “Sandy bread” after my wonderful cousin that makes it. She always bakes an extra loaf at Thanksgiving just for my husband because he loves it so much. I finally remembered to ask for the recipe this year.
My husband said it was good but I needed more practice. Luckily I snapped a few pictures before we devoured it.
Next time I will know to soak the oats for the bread and for the topping a little more. I use regular oatmeal instead of quick cooking and it just needs to soak a bit longer to make the oatmeal pebbles on top. As you can see from my photos the oats on top didn’t clump together like they should. It was still delicious.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.