This Chicken Crescent Ring is so quick and easy you can have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. Or slice it into smaller pieces and serve it as a hot appetizer.
I made this in a mad scramble to get dinner on the table and photographed quickly before I lost any natural light. I made mine half pesto and half pasta sauce since the 8 year old does not yet appreciate my homemade pesto sauce (the recipe’s here if you need one.) You could do barbecue sauce and cheddar cheese, ham and swiss, pepperoni and mozzarella, etc.
Be sure to use a baking mat, parchment or foil underneath this for easy clean up because the cheese and sauce are likely to ooze out. I think that is the best part, but I don’t enjoy cleaning my baking pan.
Serve it up with a salad or other vegetable on the side and you are done!This Easy Chicken Crescent Ring will have you out of the kitchen in 30 minutes. #recipes #quickdinnerClick To Tweet
Simple and quick dinner or appetizer made with store bought crescent rolls and leftover cooked chicken.
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup cooked chicken about 1/2 pound cut into strips or chunks
- 1/2 cup sauce any pasta sauce, pesto, barbecue, etc.
- 1/4 cup cheese of choice cut into 8 slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with baking mat, foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Separate crescent dough into triangles and roll flatter. Place on baking sheet in a circle overlapping slightly.
- Spread sauce on triangles
- Place chicken around the circle of overlapping crescent dough. Do not fill all the way to the end of the triangles.
- Add cheese on top of the triangles.
- Fold the triangles over the chicken and cheese and tuck in the center ring.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Slice thin for appetizers or into wedges for dinner/lunch.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.