I have an amazingly easy recipe for those of you that have access to baby artichokes: Marinated Artichokes.
If you grow your own artichokes like I do, you know there are some that are lower on the stems that are always tiny. You can leave them and hope they grow, but they don’t. Eventually they will just open into pretty purple flowers. Well, this year I cut them off and marinated them. My salads have been amazing this week. And it is really easy to do.Easy garlic and rosemary Marinated Baby Artichokes. #recipes #artichokes #preservingClick To Tweet
- 16-20 fresh baby artichokes
- 1 1/2 lemons if lemons are small use 2, if large use 1.
- clove garlic smashed
- sprig rosemary
- 1 cup olive oil approximate
- Pour about 2 cups of water into a bowl and add about 2 cups of ice cubes Cut one lemon in half and squeeze juice into the water.
- Remove the tough leaves from the artichokes. Cut about 1/4 of the way from the top to remove all sharp points. Cut artichoke in half lengthwise and rub on the second half of the lemon. Put in the lemon ice water while you trim the remaining artichokes.
- Bring a quart of water to a boil in a medium pan. Add artichokes and boil until stem is tender when pierced with a knife.
- While the artichokes are boiling prepare another bowl of ice water. Strain cooked artichokes and immediately put in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Put artichokes in a clean pint jar with smashed garlic clove and rosemary sprig. Squeeze in the juice from the remaining 1/2 lemon. Fill to the top with olive oil. Shake to combine and let marinate several hours or several days in the refrigerator.
Mother’s Day Giveaway
We are so excited to be giving away $250 in cash prizes for Mother’s Day to one lucky reader.
The prize will consist of $250 in gift card(s). The winner will choose the gift card(s) you want. Please choose a gift card(s) which comes from an online store and can be paid by US dollars. EX: Amazon, Target, Walmart, Macy’s, Kohls, etc. You may ask for more than one gift card, but must add up to $250.
Now its time to meet our wonderful co-hosts who have made this giveaway possible.
Tammy – My Life Abundant | Sinea – Ducks ‘n a Row | Dana – Goods Giving Back | Monica – Mommy & Love | Meredith – The Mom of the Year | Tammy – Creative K Kids | Bev – Eclectic Red Barn | Dana – How in the World | Audrey – That Recipe and Munofore | Erlene – My Pinterventures | Trish – By Trish Sutton | Michelle – Our Crafty Mom | Holly – Pink Fortitude | Marie – The Inspiration Vault | Susan – Culinary Envy | Carol – The Red Painted Cottage | Kim – Shopping Kim | Linda – A Labour of Life | Pam – Mom Does Reviews | Abby – Winstead Wandering | Debi – Life Currents | Samantha – Simply Samantha Bush | Carrie – Curly Crafty Mom | Lauren – Mom Home Guide
Please stop by and say hi to these wonderful ladies and their blogs.
The giveaway will end midnight on Friday, May 12th, a few days before Mother’s Day. You will have 48 hours to respond to the email claiming the prize. If we don’t hear in 48 hours, we will choose another winner. The giveaway is open to anyone over 18 years of age and able to receive egift cards.