This no churn sugar free Caramel Chocolate Swirl Ice Cream is a delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth without the extra calories. Gotta keep that swimsuit body you worked so hard for, or are working for in my case.
I am absolutely hooked on the no churn ice cream method. The trick is whipping the cream before freezing instead of during the freezing process. Even though I have this ice cream maker that I love, I am forever forgetting to put it in the freezer to chill. And when the kid wants to make ice cream, he wants to make it NOW! not tomorrow.
The Salted Caramel Pecan Ice Cream uses sweetened condensed milk in the ice cream base, but we were out and my husband wanted sugar free. So, I made my own with a little help from this post from Donna Reisch. It took just a few extra minutes.
The only warning I need to give you is not to over mix the whipping cream. Stop it the second stiff peaks form or you will end up with frozen whipped cream instead of ice cream. It is better to under whip it a bit than to over whip it.No Churn Sugar Free Caramel Chocolate Swirl Ice Cream is a delicious mouthful 😉Click To Tweet
- 1 cup instant non-fat milk
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅓ cup sugar free sweetener splenda, stevia, etc.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract not imitation
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar Free Caramel Sauce
- Sugar Free Chocolate Sauce
Mix all ingredients in a blender, or in a bowl with an immersion blender, until smooth.
- Whip the heavy cream in a large bowl with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
Add the 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Add one scoop of the whipped cream to the bowl of condensed milk and mix it in. Then gently fold the rest of the whipped cream into the now lightened condensed milk. Fold in the remaining whipped cream into the mixture. Do not over mix.
Pour half of the whipped cream/condensed milk mixture into an 8” loaf pan. Drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauces. Top with remaining whipped cream/condensed milk.
Use a butter knife to incorporate the caramel and chocolate sauces throughout the ice cream by pressing it down into the mixture and making sweeping “cuts” back and forth across the entire length of the pan.
Cover with wax paper and press down to remove any air pockets. Place in freezer for a minimum of 6 hours, but preferably overnight.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.