This easy Nutty Pumpkin Spice Bread is bursting with fall flavors of pumpkin, spices and pecans. Made healthier with whole wheat flour, low fat and sugar.
Anyone that has tried my son’s favorite carrot bread recipe will recognize this basic recipe. All I did was swap out the carrot for pumpkin and change up the spices. I use whole wheat flour because it adds a nice nutty flavor and texture, but you can use all-purpose flour or half and half.Easy whole wheat, low fat Nutty Pumpkin Spice Bread is bursting with fall flavors of pumpkin, spices and pecans.Click To Tweet
Easy Nutty Pumpkin Spice Bread is bursting with fall flavors of pumpkin, spices and pecans. Made healthier with whole wheat flour, low fat and sugar.
- 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract optional
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts finely chopped
- 12 pecan or walnut halves for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, ginger and allspice.
- In a small bowl whisk together carrot, sugar, oil, yogurt, vanilla, almond extract and egg.
Fold pumpkin mixture into flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Add chopped nuts.
Pour batter into an 8-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Decorate top with nut halves.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on the wire rack.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.