This Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bread is a rich chocolate yeast bread loaded with chocolate chips.
I used to make a similar recipe every year shaped like a bunny for Easter dinner. It was a nice treat for those that like chocolate but want to leave the gaggy sweet candies for the kids. But, the recipe on the company’s site is no longer the same and I cannot find the one I had clipped from a magazine decades ago.
So, I set about recreating it and I think my version tastes better than the original.This Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bread is a rich yeast bread with intense chocolate flavor.Click To Tweet
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bread is a rich chocolate-y yeast bread studded with chocolate chips. Similar to Fleischmann's Chocolate Bunny Bread
- 2-3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 packet rapid rise yeast 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- Grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix 1 1/2 cups flour, cocoa, yeast, sugar and salt for about 1 minute until mixed and sifted.
- In a small pan heat milk and butter until butter has just melted - do not boil! Mixture should feel warm to the touch.
- Add to the dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Add enough extra flour to knead the dough, about 1/2 cup at a time. If you have a dough hook attachment it is best to use it to knead the dough so you do not need as much flour, which will make the bread tough.
- Knead for 6-8 minutes until dough is elastic. Knead in chocolate chips. Put dough into prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm draft free place until doubled (about 45 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake loaf 35-40 minutes until done. I usually tap it on the top and if it sounds hollow it's done.
#Choctoberfest is a celebration of all things chocolate put together by Allison at The PinterTest Kitchen. She has gathered almost 70 bloggers plus some amazing sponsors to bring you plenty of chocolate recipes and a wonderful baking prize package over the next two weeks. Scroll below the recipe for the giveaway details and to view some of the recipes made so far.
- From our Gold Sponsor Imperial Sugar: 1 case of granulated sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds bags), and an Imperial Sugar red ruffle apron
- From our Silver Sponsor Nature Nate’s: 32 oz. Raw & Unfiltered Honey bottle, Honey Syrup, Honey Packets, a Nature Nate’s T-shirt, various kitchen supplies, and $50 Amazon gift card
- From our Silver Sponsor Barlean’s:16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint
- From our Silver Sponsor Caveman Coffee: 1 Bag of Coffee (you choice of blacklisted or sabertooth), 1 coconut MCT oil, and 1 Cacao Butter
- From #Choctoberfest blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen: 1 specialty chocolate gift pack (your choice of dark or milk chocolate), 1 tin (14 ounces) drinking chocolate, and Divine’s Fair Trade Gift Set
Enter now to win our #Choctoberfest 2016 prize pack! We’ll be picking a winner at random winner on Saturday, Oct. 22, so enter by next Friday to make sure your name is in the drawing:
Here’s a list of all of the bloggers participating in #Choctoberfest 2016. Visit any of their blogs to get delicious chocolate recipes throughout the week:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin’ Mamas • A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures • addicted 2 recipes • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • An Affair From The Heart • Balancing Motherhood • Body Rebooted • Bottom Left of the Mitten • By the Pounds • Canning and Cooking at Home • Coconut & Lime • Cook with 5 Kids • Cook’s Hideout • Cookaholic Wife • Cooking with Carlee • CopyKat Recipes • Cricket’s Confections • Crumbs in my Mustachio • Elisabeth Jean • Fairyburger • Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice • Family Around the Table • Fantastical Sharing of Recipes • Feed Your Soul Too • Feeding Big • Frankly Entertaining • Full Belly Sisters • Get the Good Stuff • Grumpy’s Honeybunch • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Hostess At Heart • Ink and Sugar • Jane’s Adventures in Dinner • Join Us, Pull Up a Chair • Karen’s Kitchen Adventures • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kudos Kitchen by Renee • Kylee Cooks • Letz Eat • Life Currents • Life on Food • Making Miracles • Monica’s Table • Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog • My Catholic Kitchen • My Gluten Free Miami • Our Good Life • Palatable Pastime • Restless Chipotle • Seduction in The Kitchen • Sew You Think You Can Cook • Simple Food 365 • Southern With A Twist • Sumptuous Spoonfuls • Take Two Tapas • Tampa Cake Girl • Teaspoon of Goodness • That Recipe • The Crumby Cupcake • The Flavourista • The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine • The Freshman Cook • The Pajama Chef • The Redhead Baker • The Spiffy Cookie • Tramplingrose • Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen • Zesty South Indian Kitchen
Today’s #Choctoberfest Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!