Do you want to bake a special treat for someone that is vegan? These chocolate cupcakes are delicious and quite nutritious using oats instead of wheat flour making them safe for most people on Gluten Free diets.
If your oats are “gluten free” than this recipe is also gluten free. If the oats aren’t labeled as such they may be processed in a facility that processes wheat, rye and other ingredients that might contaminate them.
[clickToTweet tweet=”These vegan Chocolate Cupcakes are a treat everyone can enjoy. #vegan #chocolate #recipes” quote=”These vegan Chocolate Cupcakes are a treat everyone can enjoy. #vegan #chocolate #recipes” theme=”style2″]
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 banana mashed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cups almond coconut or soy milk
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening or solid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons water or dairy free milk
- food coloring if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and grind until fine.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground oats, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk well.
- Add the mashed banana, vegetable oil, milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Divide batter among the 12 cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until they start to firm on the top. Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, shortening, vanilla and food coloring, if using, and blend until smooth. Thin to the desired consistency with water/dairy free milk.
- Frost cupcakes when cool.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.