From book Emeril's There's a Chef in My Soup
- 1 cup flour all purpose, or half all purpose half whole wheat
- 1 cup finely grated cheese cheddar, monterey, parmesan, etc.
- 2 teaspoons low salt seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2-4 tablespoons cold water
Combine the flour, cheese and seasoning in a mixing bowl.
Add the butter and mix with your fingers until the mix is crumbly.
Add 2 tablespoons cold water and mix with hands until it forms a soft dough. Add additionally water if necessary (especially if using whole wheat flour). Shape into a flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes.
Bake for about 15 minutes until crackers are beginning to turn brown. Move to a cooling rack to cool.