Lighter Green Tomato Bread
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup low or non fat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup green tomatoes diced into small chunks
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or use all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup nuts chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
In a large bowl combine oil, yogurt, eggs, sugar (or honey), vanilla and tomatoes.
Add flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix until all ingredients are wet. Stir in nuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.