Rich buttery Lemon Dessert Sauce is a simple translucent sauce that can be used on top of a variety of desserts such as ice cream, pudding, cheesecake, cake even pancakes and French toast.
This sauce couldn’t be simpler and it’s bright lemon flavor was a hit in my house. Especially over the Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake (recipe coming tomorrow).
The recipe as written is a bit on the thin side with just a faint yellow color. If you want to thicken it up, add a bit more cornstarch and cook it a bit longer. You can also add food coloring if you want more of a yellow pop on the plate. I am team “au naturale” myself, but you do you.
If you would like to mix things up you could just swap out citrus fruit and use the recipe to make Orange Dessert Sauce or Lime Dessert Sauce instead.
More Lemon Week Recipes
Need more lemony inspiration? Try some of these recipes from my favorite bloggers:
Monday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Homemade Lemon Curd by Fresh April Flours
- Fresh Squeezed Homemade Lemonade by House of Nash Eats
- Lemon Dessert Sauce by That Recipe
- Chicken Piccata by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by SueBee Homemaker
- Strawberry Lemonade Rice Krispies Treats by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Zucchini Bread by Lemon Blossoms
- Grilled Lemon Mojito by Our Good Life
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Piccata by Our Crafty Mom
- Deep Eddy Lemonade Vodka Spritzer by Our Crafty Cocktails
- Meyer Lemon Scones by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Shortbread Lemon Tart by The Redhead Baker
- Sticky Lemon Oregano Chicken Recipe by Shockingly Delicious
- Garlic Lemon Pepper Rice by Daily Dish Recipes
- Crispy Lemon Chicken by Making Miracles
- South Indian Lemon Rice by Magical Ingredients
- Lemon Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a double boiler, combine sugar cornstarch and water until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Serve hot or chilled.
Buttery Lemon Dessert Sauce
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Try the Lemon Dessert Sauce on:
Until next time, happy eating!