Yes, you read that right, Watermelon Rind Preserves. Jam made from the rind or white part of the watermelon. Yes, you can eat that. It doesn’t have the same juicy watermelon taste as the red fruit part, so it needs a little sugar and some cooking to bring it out.
If any of you have seen my Tomato Preserves recipe, this will look mighty familiar. I used the same recipe, except I upped the lemon because watermelon does not have the acidity that tomatoes do and you need some acid for proper jelling.
When I originally attempted to make this I used an overly complicated less that satisfying recipe from Ball Blue Book. I am tempted to take the old recipe off the site because this one is so much better.
Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Audrey at That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for August.
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy at Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Danielle at Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Audrey at That Recipe (Blog)**
**Ashley at Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures andlinks if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.