I was thrilled when I served this healthified version of Broccoli Cheddar Soup and my 8 year old ate it! This is the kid that gags at the mere thought of broccoli. That makes it a definite winner. Plus it is easy, one pot, and ready in about 30 minutes. Score!
Before we get to the recipe I have a quick commercial break.
I want to personally invite all of you bloggers and travelers and anyone else in writing for a good cause to check out Project Beta: Taste the World. Long story short it is a book project to benefit Action Against Hunger, a top rated charity that uses 93% of donations on programs that not only feed the hungry but also fight to eliminate the root causes. Contributors to the project will be writing (or creating videos) talking about food and travel. Float over to Up Up and a Bear to get all of the details.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
How easy is this soup? check out this short video to find out..
I am creating more videos like this these days, I’d love to have you subscribe to my YouTube channel.
The next time I make the soup I will save the florets for the top and only cook and puree the stems so I don’t have the tell-tale green flecks in the soup. 😉
If you want the soup more orange/yellow in color, add a peeled chopped carrot with the broccoli or some peeled sweet potatoes with the potatoes. Add a bit more liquid if it gets too thick.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.