These Mulled Cider Cookies are the perfect Autumn treats combining apples, cinnamon and allspice in a sweet little cookie.
Our Fill the Cookie Jar theme this month is Halloween/ Fall. Be sure to scroll below the recipe to see all of the recipes made by the other FTCJ bakers.
[clickToTweet tweet=”These Mulled Apple Cider cookies are a sweet bite of autumn. #recipes #fall” quote=”These Mulled Apple Cider cookies are a sweet bite of autumn. #recipes #fall” theme=”style2″]
Mulled Apple Cider Cookie
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 whole allspice berries
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cups light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- colored sugar
- In a small pot, cook apple cider, cinnamon stick and allspice berries. Cook over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy (3-5 minutes). Add the egg and 1/2 of the cider mixture. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Form dough into 3/4 inch balls and place on baking sheets about 2" apart. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Move cookies to baking rack and let cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and remaining apple cider to make a glaze. Spread on cooled cookies and top with colored sugar.
Check out these amazing Autumn Cookies from all of the Fill the Cookie Jar bloggers:
Lemon Oreo Bars by Family Around the Table
Caramel Apple Cookies by Home Sweet Homestead
Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
Witches Hats by A Day In The Life on The Farm
Spooky Bites by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles by Cookaholic Wife
Monster Eyeball Cookies by Organized 31
Breakfast Cookies by This and That