This Watermelon Sorbet recipe is quite simple to make and is a refreshing dairy free frozen treat that is perfect for cooling off on scorching summer days.
Sorbet is a frozen treat made from sweetened water and your favorite fruit. This recipe is for watermelon sorbet which you'll find has a lighter flavor than a lot of sorbets you can make or buy. The key to making this recipe great is finding a melon that has a lot of flavor and natural sweetness.
To make sorbet you will need an ice cream maker like this one. If you do not have one you can make it into a granita instead by freezing it in a pan and scraping the ice with a fork to serve.
Don't toss the watermelon rind! Save it to make Watermelon Rind Preserves and impress your friends and family.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, bring water, lemon juice and sugar to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool completely.
- Using your blender, process watermelon until pureed.
- Transfer the puree and sugar water to an ice cream maker. Follow the instructions that came with your ice cream maker for making sorbet.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker; pour mixture into a shallow dish, place dish in freezer, stir occasionally until sorbet reaches desired consistency. If sorbet over-freezes you can allow it to thaw slightly then process it in a blender to get the desired consistency.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.