I am so excited to be back co-hosting the Tasty Tuesdays link up this month. It is always one of my favorite places to party because every link gets pinned! Be sure to scroll past the recipe to check it out.
But first I have to tell you about what happened last week.
Early one morning, J got it in his head he wanted to bake. And waiting until I had some coffee wasn’t an option. He got out a children’s cookbook we had checked out of the library and chose Berry Much Shortcake. With a little help on the oven parts (he is still very cautious with the stove and oven) he read and followed the directions independently, while I tried to photograph him:
Did I mention it was very early in the morning? Not the greatest time to try to photograph a rapidly moving object in my rather dark kitchen, especially when only partially caffeinated.
He has been helping in the kitchen for much of his 7 years, so he knows how to level the dry ingredients and find the matching mark on the liquid measuring cup. If your kids don’t, take a minute to show them while they make this. One tip I have used with J in the past is to use a wet erase marker and mark the measurement line (in this case 2/3 cup), then tell him to fill to that line.
Honest Pretzels by Molly Katzen is a great cookbook for his age and skill level with detailed illustrated steps. We had previously used her Pretend Soup cookbook which is for a younger audience and requires more parental involvement. We might renew this one or pick it up on Amazon because there are quite a few more recipes we want to make.
Don’t have kids? I am pretty sure an adult could handle making this without any help, ha ha!
Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Maria at Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, and Audrey at That Recipe will be our co-hosts for July. Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating!