These Grilled Shrimp Tacos with a Spicy Lime Sauce make a quick and easy meal that bursts with flavor.
I could eat shrimp at least once a week. It is quick cooking, low in fat and calories yet high in protein. And did I mention it cooks up quickly?
This whole recipe takes less than 30 minutes to put together including mixing the sauce and grilling the shrimp. Which makes it great for Meatless Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, Lenten Fridays or any day you want a simple flavorful meal.
Ingredients for Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Shrimp: save yourself the hassle and get peeled and deveined shrimp. Any size you want. Frozen is fine, just put it in a bowl with warm water and let it defrost for a few minutes. Drain and proceed.
Tortillas: Corn or flour tortillas, whichever you prefer.
Plain yogurt or sour cream: Greek yogurt will be thicker so you will not need to thin it as much.
Hot sauce: I use my brother's homemade pepper sauce, but you can use any brand you have on hand.
Other ingredients: fresh limes, cabbage, fresh cilantro, chopped green onion (optional), salt and pepper
More Taco Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Make Taco Tuesday something special with these delicious taco recipes.
Taco About It
- Blackened Salmon Tacos from Art of Natural Living
- Bratwurst Tacos from Palatable Pastime
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos from That Recipe
- Instant Pot Pork Verde Tacos from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sweet Potato Tacos from Jen Around the World
- 1 pound peeled shrimp (uncooked)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- hot sauce (to taste)
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups cabbage (shredded)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 3-4 limes (cut into wedges)
- Put shrimp on skewers, season with salt and pepper. Grill, or broil, a few minutes per side until cooked.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt and lime juice. Add a few splashes of hot sauce to taste (or add none if you don't want it spicy).
- Layer the cabbage and cilantro on the tortillas, top with shrimp and add sauce.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Shrimp Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!