Delicious Fried Fish Fillets make a quick and easy meal with zesty crispy comfort.
I am not a big fan of frying. So, when my little brother, the chef, came for a visit and asked what I wanted him to make for us for dinner I readily agreed to fried catfish.
Use whatever type of fish you prefer: catfish, cod, tilapia and red snapper are particularly delicious.
It isn't hard to make at all and doesn't use as much oil as you would think. You only need to fill a frying pan about ½ inch high of oil. And when the oil cools completely you can save it to reuse for frying other meals. I store mine in a glass jar.
What to Serve with Fried Fish Fillets
Sauces: fried fish is tasty on it's own, but I am not one to say no to a delicious dipping sauce. Here are some of our favorites:
Side Dishes: My brother served it with the Kohlrabi Slaw (you can use cabbage instead), but these other sides would also compliment the fish as well.
- Southern Style Kohlrabi Slaw (creamy)
- Carolina Slaw (vinegar based)
- Creamy Red Potato Salad
- Cajun Potato Salad
More Seafood Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
October is National Seafood Month. There are so many things that come from the sea. From bivalves, fish, shellfish, and more. Here are some scrumptious seafood recipes.
Satisfying Seafood Recipes
- >Fried Fish Fillets from That Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips from Jen Around the World
- Linguine with Carbonara Clam Sauce from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Salmon with Fusilli and Pesto from Palatable Pastime
- Skillet Shrimp Scampi from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Smoked Salmon Quiche from Art of Natural Living
Fried Fish Fillets
- 4 4-ounce fish fillets (such as catfish, cod, tilapia)
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ olive oil and ½ vegetable oil for frying
- Mix cornmeal, flour, salt, paprika and peppers in plate or shallow dish. Dredge fish on both sides in cornmeal and flour mixture.
- Heat skillet on medium heat. Add oils to about ½ inch. Place fish fillets and cook about 3 minutes each side until thoroughly cooked.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Until next time, happy eating!