Grilled Bourbon Glazed Salmon is a deliciously simple way to grill up salmon fillets for a quick and healthy weeknight meal.
The key to this delightful grilled salmon is in the marinade. A little pineapple juice, soy sauce and brown sugar form the base, then it gets kicked up with a little bourbon and a splash of mesquite flavored liquid smoke.
Go easy on the liquid smoke. You do not want it to overpower the bourbon and other ingredients. All you want is a hint of it as if it has been grilled over mesquite wood. You can use mesquite wood chips on the outdoor grill if you so chose, but the liquid smoke enables you to get the flavor on an indoor grill.
Does the alcohol in the bourbon burn off?
Bourbon is 40% alcohol. This recipe only cooks for about 15 minutes, so not all of the alcohol would cook off in that time.
BUT, you are only adding a few teaspoons for 2 to 4 servings. Plus it is in the marinade and the salmon will not soak all of that alcohol up.
If you are concerned, use less or use a bourbon flavoring, or make some without the bourbon for the kids or non drinkers and some for the grown ups.
More Bourbon Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Get More Bourbon Recipes:
- Cherry Vanilla Bourbon Fizz from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Ginger Goldrush Cocktail from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Bourbon Glazed Salmon from That Recipe
- Kentucky Mulefrom Art of Natural Living
- Pineapple Bourbon Lemonade from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 dash mesquite liquid smoke (see note)
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets
- Add all marinade ingredients to a gallon size zip-to-lock bag and massage bag briefly to combine.
- Add salmon fillets and let marinate at least 1 hour, 2 to 3 hours is better.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Grill salmon 5-7 minutes per side until cooked all the way through., brushing with the marinade a few times.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Salmon Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!