This easy 5 minute Smoked Salmon Spread is a great way to boost your Omega 3 intake. Just 3 simple ingredients and you have a delicious sandwich spread or dip depending on how thin you make it.
My mother and I have made this Smoked Salmon Spread recipe for decades and I don't think either of us have written down the recipe. A can of salmon, a block of cream cheese and "enough" liquid smoke.
Make it thick for a delicious spread for bagels or thin it with the salmon juices for a great dip with either thick potato chips or rye crackers.
You can use any flavor of liquid smoke you'd prefer. We used hickory flavor when I was growing up because I am pretty sure that was the only option, but I prefer mesquite if I have it now.
This week we are all about bagels at Our Family Table. Recipes for making your own bagels, to spreads to bagels in recipes. It is a bagel-palooza!
- Air Fryer Everything Bagels by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Asiago Cheese Bagels by Pastry Chef Online
- Breakfast Bagel Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Smoked Salmon Spread by That Recipe
- Stir-Fried Bagels with Cabbage and Bacon by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Strawberry Cream Cheese by Art of Natural Living
- Water Bagels by Simply Inspired Meals
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Smoked Salmon Spread
- 5-7 ounce can of salmon (drained - juices reserved if making this a dip)
- 4 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (more or less to taste)
- Mix cream cheese and salmon together by hand. Add ¼ teaspoon of liquid smoke. Taste and add more if desired.
- If making a dip, thin to proper consistency with reserved salmon juices.
Some of our other favorite salmon recipes:
Until next time, happy eating.
Lauren @ Create Bake Make
Yum, What a great dip! Visiting via Mums Take Five Sunday Brunch x
Hope @ Nanny Shecando
Yum, great idea. This sounds like a great way to spice up the kids afternoon snacks! Visiting from Sunday Brunch at Mums. xx
Emily @ Table + Hearth
Very interesting! I love salmon bagels so I definitely want to give this a try!! Visiting from SITS 🙂
Kristina & Millie
I have had smoked salmon spread, had no idea how it was made. Yummmy! thanks for sharing with us!
yep i give my kids something similar with tuna ... and i just looked its not on my site ... what?!!
Ah well theres another post 🙂
Thanks for linking up again for sunday brunch xx
I actually just bought a bunch of bagels. This recipe is coming at a perfect time. Sounds delicious. Thank you for linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.
Big party coming up! This spread would be great. Thank you 🙂
I kicked it up a bit my mixing in 1/4 cup of capers and it came out delicious! Thanks for the recipe! Visiting from Yummly!
Capers?! Oh my! Mom would have loved that idea. I will have to try it next time I make it.
This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy bagels! Yours sounds delicious!
Love how easy this recipe is! I need to make it for my next brunch because I always have a bagel bar.
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng
Smoked Salmon is my favorite bagel spread, but it's so expensive. Making it from regular canned salmon & liquid smoke is genius!
Such a delicious looking spread! It's great for lazy weekend mornings or brunch.