This Creamy Dijon Red Potato Salad will add some zest to your next picnic or cookout. It is simple to make and best if made a day ahead to allow the flavors to fully develop.
Are you looking for the perfect side-dish for your summertime BBQs? If so, say goodbye to your usual potato salad and hello to this delicious creamy dijon red potato salad recipe!
This delicious potato salad combines creamy red potatoes, fragrant herbs and tangy Dijon mustard to deliver a flavorful addition to any backyard barbecue.
Using fresh and easy-to-find ingredients, this recipe will quickly become a favorite staple in your summertime arsenal
About the Ingredients for Red Potato Salad
I used red potatoes for this, but if you want to add other colors, or even mixed colors like blue and red that would work too.
Leave the skins on for some added color, just be sure to scrub your potatoes thoroughly before cooking. Just make sure your potato pieces are all about the same size before cooking.
I like the tangy creamy mix of mayonnaise and Greek yogurt. You can go with just mayonnaise or use sour cream instead of the yogurt.
Instead of the Dijon mustard go for a whole grain mustard instead of the bright yellow stuff.
The shallot offers a mild oniony taste. If you need a replacement, go with the white part of spring onions.
Fresh parsley and dill offer the best flavor to this potato salad. Use dried only if you have no choice. about 2 -3 tablespoons each instead of the ½ cup fresh.
- 3 pounds red potatoes (washed, dried, and cut into quarters)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium shallot (outer skin removed and finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup fresh dill (chopped)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place cut potatoes in a large microwave-safe dish and add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Potatoes should be tender enough to split with a fork, but still firm. If they are still too firm microwave another minute and check.
- Remove potatoes from dish and spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet to dry.
- In a large bowl, add mayonnaise, yogurt, shallot, mustard and fresh herbs. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Add potatoes to dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least one hour or up to 1-2 days. Add salt and pepper to taste just before serving.
Sound tasty? Share it with other!
More Summer Side Dishes