This creamy Navy Bean and Ham Soup is the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day and clean out the freezer/pantry at the same time.
If it were summer I would have opted for some baked beans, but we have had a chilly wet spell the last few weeks here in drought parched California, so I wanted soup. And the ham bone from Christmas dinner was taking up too much space in the freezer.
You can make these with any beans, I happened to have dry navy beans on hand. You can use canned if you have that. And the same basic recipe can be used to make split pea soup.
I served it with homemade cornbread and we had a great dinner as well as a few lunches of leftovers for me. Mmmmm!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.