I have a new obsession, but at least this is a healthy one: homemade granola. Unless I eat the entire batch in one day as I have wanted to do each time I have made it.
The key to awesome healthy granola is in the ratio
- 3 cups of plain oatmeal (old fashioned or quick)
- 2 cups of nuts or seeds
- 1 cup of dried fruit
- 1/2 cup of liquid sweetener
- 1/3 cup of oil
Yes, you really need the sweetener and oil especially if you want small clusters. This makes at least 6 bowls of cereal, so you aren’t eating a 1/2 cup of maple syrup in one sitting. Unless you eat the whole batch at once… I am not judging.
There are so many combinations possible, so I made a little mix and match suggestion chart (feel free to pin it!)
I have been experimenting with different combinations mostly depending on what I have in the house. Some combinations I still want to try:
- tropical: macadamia nuts, coconut, pineapple and mango with coconut oil
- caramel apple: walnuts, apple chips, butter and brown sugar with some vanilla and cinnamon
- almond joy: almonds, coconut, chocolate (instead of fruit) with cocoa butter for the fat
What combination would you like to try? Let me know in the comments below.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.