If you are looking for something a little different to top your cupcakes than traditional buttercream, this Penuche Frosting is just the ticket, especially if you like brown sugar.
Penuche fudge is made with brown sugar and milk and cooked to caramel-like delciousness. Those of us in See’s Candy territory know it as the filling inside the Bordeaux candies.
This frosting has the same decadent taste in a spreadable format. Just melt some butter and brown sugar, let it cool add a splash of milk then whip in some powdered sugar. Easy, peasy and delicious.
I have made it a few times and paired it with chocolate (brownies and the cake in the photos), but it would also be delicious with a spice, apple or carrot cake, or cookies or whoopie pies or straight off the spoon… not that YOU would do that.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.