Create a delicious BBQ London Broil in the slow cooker for a simple and tasty meal.
I managed to get a good deal on a London Broil (aka top round or flank steak), but didn’t want to go with my usual method of cooking it which is to marinade then cook on grill/broil until medium rare in the middle.
This time I decided to cook it low and slow in the slow cooker with Gid and Clark’s Righteous Rib Rub.
UPDATE: One commentor below mentions that 6 hours was too long in her 4 quart slow cooker and the meat was ruined. Slow cooker cooking time can vary greatly based on numerous variables such as size of the cooker and the weight and thickness of the meat. I highly recommend a slow cooker with a temperature probe for cooking roasts and whole chickens.
This is the one I have and use regularly (affiliate link, I may receive a commission for purchases through the link at no cost to you. But, I bought this on my own and love it!)
Use your slow cooker to make BBQ London Broil.
- 1 London Broil
- 1/4 cup rib rub or other seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke mixed with 1/2 cup water
- barbecue sauce for serving
Rub meat with the seasonings.
Ball up several pieces of aluminum foil and place in a 5-6 quart slow cooker. If using smoke flavoring, pour the water into the bottom of the slow cooker.
Place meat on top.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Time will vary based on the weight and thickness of the meat and size of the slow cooker.
Slice on a diagonal and serve with barbecue sauce.
This is delicious with our homemade rib rub.
And now on to the Tasty Tuesdays Linkup! We had 62 awesome recipes last week. I can’t wait to see what happens this week.
Jennifer from Simple Hacks Living and Audrey from That Recipe will be the co-hosts for this party for February! They will help Tammy from Creative K Kids in pinning and commenting on your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.