Classic French Boeuf Bourguinon, open up a bottle of Burgundy and pour it …. into your pressure cooker, with some beef and mushrooms for a hearty beef stew guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds.
Traditionally, this dish is made with Burgundy wine, but you can use any dry red wine such as Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon. Want it alcohol free, just double the stock and add a little apple cider vinegar for the extra bit of acidic flavor.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Classic Beef Burgundy is simple to make and cooks up quickly in your pressure cooker. #beef #recipe #pressurecooker” quote=”Classic Beef Burgundy is simple to make and cooks up quickly in your pressure cooker. ” theme=”style3″]
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat (cut into 1" chunks)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 6 slices (thick cut bacon, diced into pieces)
- 1 cup onion (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped in chunks)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme in a small bowl. Coat the stew meat with the flour mixture and set aside.
- Turn electric pressure cooker to saute,or heat stove top pressure cooker to medium. Add the bacon and cook until crispy.
- Add the stew meat. Cook until meat is browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Close the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally. Serve hot over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.