Mississippi Mud Pie is a rich decadent chocolate pie topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Forget that boxed pudding mix made pie filling. This one is just as easy and tastes a million times better. You can still use a premade crust and whipped cream if you want, I won’t tell.
The first time I made it 6 or 7 years ago, my husband took the entire pie and a fork and disappeared. When he brought the empty dish back he informed me the recipe was “a keeper”.
Since his birthday is Valentine’s Day I thought I would remake it for our Valentine’s Day Desserts post this week. But you don’t have to wait for Valentine’s Day to make it, it is fabulous any time even for breakfast.
Sweet Valentine’s Day Desserts from #OurFamilyTable
- Bittersweet Chocolate Pecan Tarts by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Burrata with Cherries in Wine by Art of Natural Living
- Cake Batter Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Coconut Dream Martini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Easy Mississippi Mud Pie by That Recipe
- Keto Chocolate Mug Cake by Our Good Life
- Sweetheart Brownies by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Valentine Brown Sugar Bars by Family Around the Table
- Valentine’s M&M’s Cookie Bars by Blogghetti
Easy Mississippi Mud Pie
- 1 prepared 8" pie crust (graham cracker, cookie crumb, or traditional pie crust )
- 5 ounces semi sweet or dark chocolate baking bar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream
- If using a traditional pie crust pre-bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees before filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate chocolate bar into 2 ounces and 3 ounces. Set aside the 2 ounces. Chop the 3 ounces.
- In a microwaveable bowl add 3 ounces of chocolate, butter and syrup. Microwave for 20 seconds, stir to melt the ingredients. If not completely melted microwave again at 10 second intervals until melted.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, add sugar, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 30 -40 minutes until filling is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Top with whipped cream.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the remaining chocolate on top of the pie.