No boring graham cracker crust for these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. We use gingersnaps instead for full flavor in every bite.
The hardest part about these bars are letting them set overnight in the fridge. I could have gone no bake but the texture and flavor of “real” cheesecake is just better. At least to me.
Other Pumpkin Cookie Recipes from #FilltheCookieJar
Pumpkin Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
Pumpkin Pie Tastes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Streusel Bars From Cookaholic Wife
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Gingersnap Crust
- 1 ½ cup gingersnap cookie crumbs about 36-40 cookies depending on size
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 16 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Large eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- extra cookies for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8″ square pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- While crust is baking, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in pumpkin, vanilla and eggs until thoroughly combined. Add flour and spice.
- Break several gingersnap cookies into large pieces.
- Pour filling over the crust and sprinkle cookie pieces on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until center looks set. Cool, then refrigerate overnight before slicing and serving.