The classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter in cheesecake form, made easier with the pressure cooker.
The first time I made cheesecake I struggled to judge when it was ready, I overcooked it and it ended up with a huge crack down the center. And I didn't try again for years.
Then someone suggested making it in the pressure cooker. So much easier!
You can use a stove top or an electric (e.g. Instant Pot) pressure cooker.
The only special equipment you will need besides the pressure cooker is:
- a springform pan that fits in your pressure cooker (I use the 8" from this set)
- a trivet to keep the springform pan out of the water (came with my pressure cookers)
- a sling of aluminum foil to wrap under and around the pan to remove it (fold over a 16 inch long piece of foil a few times)
More Cheesecake Recipes for #NationalCheesecakeDayHappy #NationalCheesecakeDay 2021 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours! Let’s celebrate this delicious day with our favorite cheesecake recipes-- from fruity to chocolatey and mini to InstantPot, we’ve got you covered for your next cheesecake need!
More #NationalCheesecakeDay Recipes
- Peach Cheesecake from Fresh April Flours
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from House of Nash Eats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake from That Recipe
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake from Salt & Baker
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes from Making Miracles
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake from Devour Dinner
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Instant Pot Vanilla Cheesecake from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy No Bake Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar from Blogghetti
- Strawberry Cheesecake from Life Love and Good Food
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Instant Pot Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Blueberry Compote from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No Bake Fresh Mint Cheesecake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini S’mores Cheesecakes from The Freshman Cook
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Bars from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mocha Cheesecake from The Redhead Baker
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese (two 8 ounce packages) (room temperature)
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (½ can)
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- chocolate peanut butter cups or bars (chopped)
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press into the bottom of an 8 inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the filling ingredients until smooth. Pour on top of the prepared crust in the pan.
- Place trivet in the bottom of a pressure cooker, add 1 cup of water.
- Fold a 16 inch piece of aluminum foil in thirds lengthwise to make a long strip. Place the springform pan in the middle of the foil and fold the ends up along the sides.
- Lower the pan with sling underneath into the pressure cooker. Fold the foil down so the lid can close, but there is enough foil to grab to remove the pan.
- Pressure cook on high for 20 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally.
- Remove the cheesecake by grabbing the foil to lift it to the top of the cooker then slide hands under the pan.
- Refrigerate uncovered for 3 hours. Cover and cool overnight to set.
- In a microwavable dish, combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Heat for 30 seconds then stir. If chocolate is not melted, heat in 10 second intervals stirring for a few seconds each time until melted.
- Pour sauce over cheesecake and top with chopped chocolate peanut butter candy. Remove ring before serving. (or for a rustic look, remove the ring first then add the sauce and candy topping.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Cheesecake Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!