This hearty Stuffed Pepper Soup takes all of the flavors of stuffed peppers and turns them into a quick and easy soup using your pressure cooker.
I love stuffed peppers. And I love soup. This recipe combines the two creating a hearty beef soup with lots of pizzazz from the peppers.
I used Poblano peppers, but you can swap for bell peppers or Anaheim chiles for a milder taste or serrano or cayenne for more spice. Red peppers will be slightly sweeter. Use both for a colorful mix, if desired.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can make this in a stock pot by simmering it until the rice is cooked, the peppers and onions are soft and the soup is thickened, about 30-45 minutes.
Other hearty soup recipes you may enjoy:
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 2 large Poblano peppers seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 quart beef or chicken broth
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice uncooked
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped optional
- Add olive oil to pressure cooker. Saute red onion, Poblano peppers, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the onions turn translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer veggie mixture to a medium bowl. Add ground beef and brown for 3-4 minutes, or until no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally. Drain any excess fat from the pot.
- Add cooked vegetables, broth tomatoes and rice. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 20 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro on top, if desired.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.