Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Pie with Dark Chocolate Sauce is a homey dessert everyone is sure to love.
This pie is a taste of my childhood growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area.
"It's-It and That's That!" If you are from there, you know what I mean. The It's It Ice Cream Sandwich is a simple delicious frozen treat that originally consisted of two oatmeal cookies, vanilla ice cream and dipped in dark chocolate. Oh my! I would try to convince my parents to let me have one whenever I got the chance.
If you want a bit truer It's-It experience with this pie use Magic Shell on top, or mix your chocolate sauce with a little coconut oil so it will harden when it gets cold. I went for simple fudge sauce drizzled on before serving.
I was going to make the oatmeal cookies using the recipe on the container of Quaker Oats (it's the best!). But, I spied a 24 pack of oatmeal raisin cookies on the discount bakery rack for $1. I couldn't resist that deal.
Ice Cream Pie Day
If Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Pie isn't your thing, maybe you will enjoy one of these other recipes from the Our Family Table bloggers:
- Banana Split Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cap'N Crunch Ice Cream Pie by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Coffee Fudge Ice Cream Pie by Art of Natural Living
- Oatmeal Cookie Pie with Fudge Sauce by That Recipe
- Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Pie by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by Our Good Life
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Pie
- 18 oatmeal cookies ((about 3" diameter))
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- 56 ounce vanilla ice cream ((softened until easily spoonable))
- 1 bottle fudge ice cream topping ((or caramel, if preferred))
- In a food processor, process 12 of the cookies until almost flour like. Add melted butter and burst a few times until blended.
- Press crust into an 8" pie crust.
- Scoop in the ice cream and spread evenly.
- Crumble remaining cookies on top of the ice cream.
- Refreeze until the ice cream is hard.
- Slice and drizzle with fudge sauce to serve.
I am not from CA so I haven't heard of the It's it ice cream sandwiches before. They certainly sound delicious as does this replication in pie form
Wow. The chocolate drizzle all over that pie is calling my name. I seriously need a slice right now.
Those of you who added cookies to your treat were brilliant! I cannot wait to give this one a try. I know my friends will love it.
Cheese Curd In Paradise
I love oatmeal cookies! This pie with the drizzle of chocolate looks and sounds incredible!
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng
Another totally gorgeous ice cream pie. This is getting dangerous!
Mother of 3
That sounds delicious! And the recipe of the Quaker box is my go to oatmeal cookie recipe for sure. Pinned.
Oatmeal cookies are my fave! I can't wait to try this ice cream pie made with them. Yum!
Yum!! Oatmeal cookies are my favorite-- I have to try this pie!
IT'S IT ice cream sandwiches are my favorite too! I am going to try this ice cream pie right away! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Perfect ice cream flavor combo in this pie! We loved it!
Can't beat those classic combinations.
So if it has oatmeal does that mean it counts as healthy? I do think this would make a delicious breakfast!
There's a very strong possibility that may have happened.