French Fries are tasty. Garlic Fries are better. Pesto Fries are AMAZING! and so simple too.
I remember the first time I had Garlic Fries. I trudged all the way around Qualcomm Stadium asking everyone I saw carrying them where to find them. Then all the way back to my seat. But, oh my! was it worth it. It almost made up for the Chargers beating my Niners that day. Almost.
But Pesto Fries are even more delicious than garlic fries.
You can buy store bought Pesto, but I have no idea why you would want to. Pop some fresh ingredients in the food processor and a few pulses later you have one of the most delicious sauces ever created. Okay, a little extreme, but it is easy and I love Pesto on all the things.
Besides when you make your own you control the amount of ingredients, and I find store bought pesto too oily for my tastes.
To make Pesto Fries, just bake or fry up your favorite fries and toss them in the pesto. I usually use the frozen shoestring variety because the extra crispiness holds up well with the added sauce. But you do you.
- ⅛ cup pine nuts (or other seeds or nuts)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil (or cilantro or parsley)
- ¼ to ½ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup olive oil (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- With on and off bursts, mince pine nuts and garlic in food processor or blender until fine.
- Add basil and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and pulse until blended.
- With food processor running drizzle in olive oil and blend until incorporated.
- Add additional Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days. Or you can freeze in ice cube trays, then put frozen cubes in zip to lock storage bags.
Until next time, happy eating.
Heather @ My Overflowing Cup
Thanks so much for this recipe. I am pinning it now. I like the idea of substituting pistachios for the pine nuts. This sounds like a great twist on a classic. Thanks, again!
So, I'm about to get a slice of my daughter's birthday cake from yesterday. It's a delicious Coke cake. But, now I'm thinking about pesto fries. This puppy is going in my COOK! folder and i won't be a bit surprised if it makes an appearance on the dinner table Saturday.
Who am I kidding? We're going to eat dinner watching college football.
*Glad to find you through Janine's fall blog hop.
Oh em gee, I love pesto! (I wish pine nuts weren't so expensive though. :[ + that I had a food processor, haha.) Can't wait to try this out! <3
Awesome. I wouldn't have tried this, but you make it look easy and yummy!! It looks like pasta to me!! 🙂 Pinned.
Oh yum! I wanted some different type of fries to go with our burgers the other night and found these! So delicious!
Yum! I am ready to dig in! These pesto fries look and sound delicious.