These Rosemary and Garlic Pickled Cherry Tomatoes are insanely easy to make and are a great way to preserve your cherry tomato harvest and create a taste sensation for your salad.
I have three out of control cherry tomato plants this year. Unfortunately with cherry tomatoes you get a whole bunch all ripe at once. And I am not letting a single one of those ripe red beauties go to waste. You can make one jar for yourself, or a bunch of them to share your harvest.
Grape tomatoes can be used in place of the cherry tomatoes, and you could use different herbs, like oregano or basil, instead. I went with rosemary because my tomatoes happen to be planted in between my two huge rosemary bushes.
If you can boil water, you can make these. Seriously! All you do is boil some water, vinegar and salt then pour it over the tomatoes in your jars. Let them sit for 24 hours or more and that’s it!
You do not have to seal the jars on these if that intimidates you, but then you will have to keep the jars in the refrigerator. But, water bath canning is so easy you might just want to give it a try so you can keep these for eating later in the year … or so you can ship a jar off to your baby brother on the other side of the country who was run over by his own car (don’t ask…). Get more info from the pros at Ball if you are new to canning.
Throw them in a salad, or on an antipasto plate, or in a sandwich, or sneak them straight from the jar late at night… hey, I was just taste testing them for the blog, repeatedly, uh… to make sure the flavor didn’t change, yeah that’s it!
Give these a try and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Maria at Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, and Audrey at That Recipe will be our co-hosts for July. Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy at Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Danielle at Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Maria at Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
**Audrey at That Recipe (Blog)**
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.