I was thrilled when I served this healthified version of Broccoli Cheddar Soup and my 8 year old ate it! This is the kid that gags at the mere thought of broccoli. That makes it a definite winner. Plus it is easy, one pot, and ready in about 30 minutes. Score!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
How easy is this soup? check out this short video to find out..
I am creating more videos like this these days, I’d love to have you subscribe to my YouTube channel.
The next time I make the soup I will save the florets for the top and only cook and puree the stems so I don’t have the tell-tale green flecks in the soup. 😉
If you want the soup more orange/yellow in color, add a peeled chopped carrot with the broccoli or some peeled sweet potatoes with the potatoes. Add a bit more liquid if it gets too thick.Broccoli Cheddar Soup that even broccoli haters will love. Click To Tweet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 2 cups stock chicken or vegetable
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and cut in 1" cubes
- 2 cups half and half or milk of any kind - coconut, almond, soy
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- broccoli florets, cheese, croutons for serving
- In a large sauce pan, saute onion in olive oil until translucent, 1-2 minutes
- Add stock, half and half (milk), potatoes, broccoli, and bay leaf. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender, or in a regular blender in batches.
- Mix in cheddar cheese slowly, stirring until incorporated.
Serve with croutons, extra cheese and broccoli florets if desired.
To add extra orange color to the soup you can add 1-2 carrots, peeled and chopped with the broccoli, or a cup of peeled and cubed sweet potato with the potatoes. You might need to add a little extra liquid if it is too thick.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.