Who doesn't love a sweet and indulgent treat every now and then? Move over brownies! Get your taste buds ready for some rich, gooey, decadent White Chocolate Macadamia Blondies.
This underrated dessert combines sweet creamy white chocolate with buttery crunchy macadamia nuts, in a gooey dessert bar.
Get ready to elevate your dessert game with this mouth-watering creation!
In my college days, my dorm mates and I would get giddy with excitement whenever the cafeteria served white chocolate macadamia cookies. I refuse to confirm or deny that an entire tray mysteriously snuck out the back door and ended up in our Hall.
While that may seem over the top now, the flavor combination was just beginning to gain popularity at the time. The CI was the only place to find them when you didn't have a car and the nearest Mrs. Fields was 8 miles away.
These White Chocolate Macadamia Blondies have that same wonderful combination but even better because bars are so much easier to make than scooping out and baking individual cookies.
Brownies versus Blondies
Brownies are dessert bars made with chocolate. Blondies are made without chocolate. Well, chocolate chip can be mixed in to them. But the bar itself is made with butter, flour and brown sugar giving them a rich butterscotch like taste.
I refuse to play the social media "you can only have one for the rest of your life" game.
Whichever one is in front of me at the moment gets eaten.
More Blondie Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
We are celebrating the humble blondie today. Which of these will you chose to make first?
Best Blondie Recipes
- Brown Butter Blondies from Hezzi-D's Recipe Box
- Butterscotch Chip Blondies from Palatable Pastime
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Blondies with M&M’s from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate Chip Marble Squares from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Oatmeal M&M Blondies from Art of Natural Living
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (divided)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Oil a 9 x 13 pan and line bottom and sides with parchment paper with enough paper to lift the blondies out of the pan. Set aside.
- In a small microwaveable dish, add butter and 1 cup white chocolate chips. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir and heat in 10 second increments until just melted. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until thick and cream colored, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add melted butter/chocolate mixture, flour, salt, macadamia nuts and remaining white chocolate. Beat until just combined, scraping down sides.
- Spread mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, cut into 24 bars. Move bars to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
more blondie recipes
Until next time, happy eating!