Whole Wheat Butterscotch Pecan Blondies are a decadent cake-like blondie loaded with rich butterscotch taste studded with crunchy pecans.
As a confirmed chocoholic I love brownies of all types, but sometimes it's good to mix it up with a non-chocolate treat like blondies.
What are Blondies?
Blondies are brownie like dessert bars, made without chocolate or cocoa powder. They usually have vanilla and brown sugar.
About these Whole Wheat Butterscotch Blondies
These blondies are a little different than the Butterscotch Brownies I made for Fall Flavors Week in two ways:
- They use half whole wheat flour. This gives them a slightly coarser texture and nice nutty flavor.
- Instead of sprinkling the butterscotch chips on top, this recipe melts them and mixes them into the batter making them so rich tasting.
They were actually supposed to have chocolate chips mixed in, but after I already had the batter half mixed I realized I was out! THE HORROR!
So, I grabbed some pecan pieces instead. You can opt for either pecans or chocolate chips, or both, or more butterscotch chips if you want since you only add ⅓ cup to the batter.
Don't ask me which version I like better. The answer would definitely be whichever is in front of me.
More Blondie Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Here are more Blondie Recipes for you to try.
- Banana Peanut Butter Blondie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Best Peanut Butter Blondies from Palatable Pastime
- Biscoff Cookie Butter Blondies from Jen Around the World
- Blonde Brownie from Devour Dinner
- Eggnog Snickerdoodle Blondies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Funfetti White Chocolate Blondies from Blogghetti
- Gluten Free Blondies from Art of Natural Living
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Peanut Butter Cup Blondies from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Vegan Apple Butter Blondies from Magical Ingredients
- White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies from Making Miracles
- Whole Wheat Butterscotch Pecan Blondies from That Recipe
- ⅓ cup butterscotch morsels
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, add butterscotch chips and half and half. Microwave for 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
- Add eggs, brown sugar, oil, melted butter and vanilla and beat with a mixer at high speed for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the butterscotch mixture just until blended. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Until next time, happy eating!